Saturday, September 22, 2007

From Pacifiers to Motherhood...


What a beautiful, sweet baby she was... I was so thrilled, excited, and terrified to take her home.

I was even more thrilled, excited, and terrified for her on her wedding day. Thrilled and excited for all the adventures and wonders she and Jacob were about to begin in their new life together. Terrified with the fact that this meant I was getting old, a mother-in-law no less.

Then there came the real moment of truth... My sweet baby was about to become a mother for the first time... Yes, I was thrilled, excited, and terrified once again. I knew that she would be a wonderful mother... once she made it past fourteen, when I wasn't even sure she would make it to adulthood, she turned in to the wonderful daughter, wife, and mother she became that day. So I was thrilled and excited for the new adventures and wonders she and Jacob were beginning. And you know what other then being a little terrified of my sweet baby going through labor... you know terrible things can happen when you go through labor... even though I managed it... it wasn't quite the same when it's my little girl... but I have to say the grand-mother part has been a breeze.

So pretty much my daughter has filled my life with thrills, excitement, and terror. I wouldn't have it any other way. I love you and your brothers more than life itself. Happy 21st Birthday!

1 comments:

Jenny said...

I love how you can just put into words the feelings of a mothers heart. I have always said that being a mom is the most wonderful and the most frightening thing I have ever done. Thank you for raising such a wonderful daughter and for continuing to raise my son! You are a good woman!