Sunday, September 16, 2007

Oh... What a Beautiful Morning...

Every day, Monday through Saturday, I get to experience sunrise in Kearney ~ thanks to my Zach. He is more than willing to get his license, but Mom and Dad are not quite ready yet. Aren't we silly? NO!
The unfolding beauty of the heavenly sunrises, make the early mornings well worth the effort and lost sleep. Here is my "I'm sorry ~ My mom is a little camera crazy ~ Sunrise Progression".
The first photo in the upper left hand corner of the first collage was taken just after Zach got out of the car at the High School. He had to be dropped off before 6:45 a.m. (on a Saturday, no less) I looked out the window, saw the beginning of the sunrise and thought "I'll just get out of the car and snap a quick picture"... no big deal to me. Zach's friends are like... "What the heck is your mom doing?" Then Zach replies (and later tells me), "I'm sorry, just ignore her, my mom is a little camera crazy!" Nice Zach... any way, then I proceeded to take my normal drive home... pre-seven on a Saturday morning the back roads in Kearney are basically dead. At each stop sign & along the back roads, I just would stick my face and camera out the window and snap a picture or two. Okay... I'll admit... this maybe was a little crazy... I even pulled over & got out to take a couple pictures at one cross road.
I have to say it with song, as I tend to do... Oh, what a beautiful morning... Oh, what a beautiful day... and it was! Watching a sunrise is a great start to any day. After seeing one, I am filled with a sense of peace and thanksgiving. This final picture is the full blown sunrise from my back yard.
Thanks Zach for putting up with your momma! I will miss our early morning discussions and these glorious sun rises when you start driving on your own. I have enjoyed teaching you to drive, you are doing so great! You still can't get your license till the end of the month... I know... lame!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the song and I love the pictures. Like you I am so grateful to live in this beautiful world. When you see sights like this it just makes you realize how much God loves us!

Unknown said...

Sweet Kimmy, I agree w/what Jenny said, OH what a Beautiful Morning! Your Momma loved to put thought to songs also... I guess it just runs/gallops in our family. Thanks for the beautiful sunrise (Zack too!) w/Much Love from Auntie D