Sunday, October 21, 2007

A Walk in the park...

Tamra and I spent a lovely afternoon walking through Watkins Mill State Park. The weather was glorious, couldn't have asked for better (80 with a cool breeze). This made for absolutely perfect walking weather.... oh and picture taking weather also. I loved all the colors of Fall. Tamra and I truly enjoyed our day together. Love my sisters.

This first shot makes me think of the Sacred Grove... the Sunlight coming through the trees...Serene Beauty. I can see how a young boy would be drawn to the woods to find a quiet tranquil moment to commune with the Lord. I know that whenever I am surrounded by Nature I too feel closer to the Lord. I am reminded once again of his generosity and love. He provides us with such beauty all around us, if we but open our eyes.
Here are some random people who happened to be handy when I wanted to get these shots. I particularly like the random person in the center shot... he he he... No really, I thought this was such a nice picture of Tamra. She has such a pretty smile. I might have worn her out walking, but she never once complained. She said the good thing about this trail and the pace I was keeping with all my "Frieda Fotog - Picture Taking" she had plenty of opportunities to rest. ps... the Frieda Fotog is Brent's words for picture taking... I don't know... some family thing.

Anywho... I loved the shots with the little boy in the red checked shirt. He was having so much fun. It was so sweet how his father stayed so close, watching over him and keeping him safe.... Much like our Savior and Father in Heaven do.... This also brought back many happy childhood memories of summer vacations in Arkansas. We were right there in the creek with my dad, collecting minnows, crawdads, and hopefully - no snakes... Then off to the river for some good old fashioned family fun.... swimming, fishing... and a weenie roast to finish it off.... sweet memories

Here are a few more random shots.

You know me... I'm a sucker for texture and color.
I loved the mushrooms in the center of the top.
(Tamra pointed them out)

3 comments:

The Smiths said...

great pictures. I love the one of Tammy. We had a high of 49 degrees with rain and snow on Saturday. Just right for a football game.

Can't wait to see you.

Love, R

The Smiths said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

Cool shots! I think Watkins Mill is beautiful!! We should definintly do some family pictures there!!