Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Have You Received His Image in Your Countenance?

Does the light of Christ shine in your eyes?
Will He know you when He comes again,
because you shall be like him?
When He sees you will the father know his child?

I think our sweet Prophet was the embodiment of this song. You could see the love of the Lord shining in his eyes and bursting out through his smile. He dedicated almost his entire life to the service of the Lord and was a glorious example of all we can become. I will miss his sweet smile and the waving of his cane. But, I can just imagine the overwhelming joy the Prophet felt when he was reunited with his sweet Marjorie... how ready he was to take her in his arms and hold her close. I am sure it was a reunion to behold. I am so happy for him! No more toil and no more strife, a life of joy well deserved. I am reading his book "Stand for Something" and hope to be a better person through applying his teaching held within its pages. I love how he was able to write a book that could be shared and loved by all wanting better for our country and our world, both members and non-members, young and old. He will be missed and we have been truly blessed.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen momma. He was such an incredible man!

On another note...I don't know what loan calculator you used on Jade's thing, but I've tried about 4 different ones and they all come out at 1199. Weird...

Jenny said...

Well said! I love this man too and you said my feelings so well. Thank you

*The Ranagan's* said...

Hey Hey! Ok so I love this man...He is amazing and I know he's so happy to be with his sweet sweet wife again.

On another note :) So we've been working with this lender with Axiom Financial and they have this loan we've been talking about getting. It starts for the first year at 3.55%...too good to be true? maybe...but then the second year its 4.55%.....crazy?!? Then the third year it bottoms at a flat rate of 5.5%. It will NEVER go higher than 5.5%...They said its called a Utah Housing FHA loan and its specifically for first time home buyers..we've been talking to a lot of different people about the whole thing and everyone says that sounds like an awesome deal...but we're really concerened about getting "worked" by the lenders.....your opinion? LOVE YA :)

The Smiths said...

My first thoughts when we heard of President Hinckley's death was sadness and tears but then - what a way to go!! 97 years old, working up to just a few days before he died, to go quickly surrounded by your loved ones. You couldn't ask for anything more. I know he was ready to go home - he has been so lonely since Sister Hinckley died. I will miss him greatly - but I am excited to watch President Monson now. He is a great man too.