Saturday, April 26, 2008

Admin's Week Rocks!!!

So this week was Administrative Professionals Week... now that might not mean much to most people, but it sure did for me this week! Most weeks we just quietly... or in some cases... not so quietly go about our duties... sometimes noticed and sometimes not. This week at my work there was total validation for all we do. My Sr. Officers went together and purchased these beautiful flowers for me... I was so pleased and touched.... ACT (where I work) is practicing our BLUE DIME INNICIATIVE... pretty much that means we are tightening our belt... we are trying to take 10 cent per mile off our operating cost.... you probably know what that means, but if not... for every dollar they bill, they put another dime in their pockets... you might ask, why is that important to me...ie, Kimberly... BONUS at the end of the year... so yeah, I wasn't expecting flowers this year... not that I ever expect them, but I had every reason to think we wouldn't get them this year (Susan and I)... but I was way off... this time ACT didn't pay for them... yup, that's right... the officer's dug in their own pockets for our flowers... I am pretty sure that is a first time ever.... Only reason I know... no, not because I had to order my own flowers... I heard one of them collecting funds from the others... still didn't figure out what they were doing until they appeared on my desk... so YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH... I LOVE FLOWERS... THEY MAKE ME HAPPY!!!

So here are my flowers to you!
Everyone deserves the beauty of flowers!
I'm not sure I'd make it through the work week
with out my blogger family and my sweet family at home.
I love you all!
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Laura said...

Those are beautiful! And how sweet for them to get you flowers. I would feel so loved. You deserve them--you simply rock! :) Have a great weekend!