Sunday, April 13, 2008

True Story...

So driving along I-70 in route to visit Brent's Great Uncle David we saw these beautiful fields of waving yellow flowers... field after, fields of them... Lynn (Brent's mom's cousin... get that?) and I look at one another and both say... What do you think those are?
We complete our 4 hr drive to Grove, Oklahoma and go in for our first of many visits with Uncle David and he shows us this article about "A new golden color is spreading on the Plains". Now how ironic is that? Now onto our visit. Uncle David just turned 91, yes... you read that right... 91 and he is stuck in a nursing home with a bunch of sick old folks who are in an awful bad way (his words). He had hip replacement surgery 6 weeks ago and is there for recovery. I am here to tell you, he is amazing. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be doing as well as he is. He thinks he's ready to go home and take care of his chickens and get his garden in. So.... I have no excuse for not getting in at least a small garden.... more later

0 comments: