Saturday, August 30, 2008

Made for Ashelyn...

I'm making this little pinafore for Miss Ashelyn. It has a matching hair bow cuz her mommy likes them. Sorry for the lame picture, but BJ took the camera with him this weekend so I had to use my phone. Hopefully we'll get a picture with Ashelyn wearing it later. Stitched every stitch by hand except for surging the edges. You would think with three sewing machines at least one would be working, but not so much... they all need to be cleaned and tuned up.... oh well, that's how my Grandma would have done it anyway... so here it is... still doing the final handwork. I hope to have it ready for missy to wear it tomorrow.... fun, fun.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That is so cute! I can't believe you did it by hand. I know a good repair man if you need one! I also love the comparison shots. We have such cute grandchildren!

Unknown said...

Oh it's so adorable...I love it! I can't imagine doing something like that on a machine, let alone by hand...Ashelyn is going to look so beautiful! Just so I don't forget...I need your e-mail so that I can add you to my "allow" list...I don't have it, because I'm a dough head...e-mail it to me at faasforumprivateblog.addme@gmail.com... Love you much! Lacy