Friday, March 13, 2009

He Keeps Us Challenged & Laughing...

So... The email went like this...

Kimberly,

Just wanted to let you know that Zach was referred to the office for disciplinary consequences this afternoon. When he was in his Algebra class, he shouted out, “There’s a moose outside.” He then ran to the window and also ran out the classroom door into the hallway.

Zach has been assigned to serve 1 day of in-school suspension on Tuesday, 3/17/09. During the time he spends in ISS, he may complete his class assignments at full credit.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

Cindy O'Brien, KHS Assistant Principal

**************************************************

And so I wrote...

Ms. O'Brien,

Ok... now that I'm done laughing... I am soooo sorry, I'm pretty sure he takes after his dad. Please extend my apologies to the teacher involved. It is obvious Zach was out of line. Once again I will discuss our expectations with him. I'll ask him what he was thinking... I'm pretty sure he was thinking... I wonder how many kids will follow me to the window to look. I'm sorry for the disruption.

He keeps us laughing and challenged.

K....

*****************************************************************

And then I couldn't resist and sent this...

Cindy,



Did it look like this one and did you catch it? I heard it's been running loose in Kearney for a while now. At least it's a happy looking moose.

Sorry... that was my first instinct. It's possible Zach's orneriness comes from both his dad and me. I really will try not to laugh when I discuss the situation with him.

Kimberly

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my brother... he sure is a special sort.

The Smiths said...

I have no doubt he is doubly blessed from BOTH of his parents with his sense of humor. It is what keeps us all going through thick and thin. Remind me to tell you (or remind you) of Kevin's trip to the principal for a paper he wrote in 5th grade. It was really hard to stop laughing!!!
Love you all, Renee