Tuesday, March 10, 2009

So The Conversation Went Like This....

Saturday morning early...

Me: Hey honey... how do you feel about a project this morning?

BJ: NO! (or so he says... I'm not sure I recall it exactly that way)

Next...
While BJ gets up being the uber awesome dad he is and makes pancakes for the boys and Zach's buds that spent the night, I get dressed and prepare to start my day.

Me: So honey do you want me to wait for you to finish your breakfast before we leave to run to town and pick out paint? (please note... I have not eaten at this point... didn't really want anything... too early)

BJ: WHAT?!?! NO!!! I don't want to go with you to town to pick out paint! (Very grouchy... I don't get it.)

Me: okay... well I have to run by Misty's to pick up a check for her candle order and then I have to go in to Liberty to make the deposits I talked about last night and then I plan to go to Lowes to pick out paint. It's okay you don't want to go with me, I'll go by myself... oh btw I'll probably get way too much and the wrong stuff but no biggee... (Oh... I have to mention... I was totally not mad... just determined to start my project... and out the door I go... bet that one was a stunner)

A little later at Misty's.... ring, ring, ring

BJ: Well you could have at least helped with the clean up since I cooked.

Me: Oh... I thought maybe the boys would do that since you fed them... what was I thinking??
(not really the right comment apparently) ... and I did offer to wait, I would have helped with the clean up if asked but I have a timeline and have to get the deposit made.

BJ: Well... why don't you come back and get me before you head in to Liberty?

Me: Oh... Okay (and can I just say... My Bedroom looks AWESOME!!!! and will look more so when we get the new laminate wood flooring down... Bathroom is still in the midst of completion)

More details to follow with pics.

2 comments:

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

Yeah!! You guys down south are sure doing lots of fun home improvement stuff!!! Maybe I should move to Kearney!! It must be something in the water!! :)

Can't wait to see pics Kim.

Jenny said...

That is pretty much how I get things done! Good Job girl..what color and I want pictures, it's my only link to the outside world.