Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Note to Self...

Never, Never, NEVER let my Driver License expire again!!!
Especially not past the magic 6 month time line.... just in case your wondering... Yes they do make you take both the written and the driver's exam again. I almost made myself sick worrying about it... I mean come on... I've been driving for 27 years and have never... no never gotten a speeding ticket... but the thought of taking the test again was enough to make me ill. I have to say... the folks at MO Hwy Patrol (Excel Springs office) super, super, nice! Didn't seem to matter... I'm a nut job... I really was almost in tears... I HATE tests... and all because by the time I realized my license had expired then found out I couldn't find my Birth Certificate (Which I had to have again... after 27 years of driving)... had to mail off to California for that... $42.00 later... had my birth certificate... but what???? where is my SS card??? So then I had to go to the Social Security Bldg in KC and apply for a lost Social Security Card replacement... Yup they were ultra nice also... the lady at the counter was hilarious when I told her what I was trying to accomplish... she says whatever you do... don't go to Gladstone... they are not even nice... so today, in honor of Brent's birthday... he got to take me to get my license renewed... FUN! I got a 100% on the written... Crazy... I had to restrain from changing anything... go with your first instinct they always say and it paid off... Then on to the drivers exam... can I just say... I was close to tears... I'm CRAZY!!!! Brent says so. Just so you know... you can pass the test if you fail at parallel parking... I told the lady... I can not see the markers at all... and just so you know... I never parallel park... in fact if at all possible I only park where I can drive out forward. She laughed and told me that worked for her... I was in my Durango... can't see so great to back up at my height... anywho... long story short... well not really... I got a 91% on the driving portion... that's with a couple of points taken off for forgetting to check my blind spot one time...
YEAH!!!! I am legal and it's not the worst picture ever either.
oh... kinda a funny thing.
They asked me my eye color... I said Blue... that's what my eye doctor tells me any way...
so they put Blue on the little yellow form...
then I get back my drivers license and it says Green...
What's up with that?

Now... all I did was a focal Black and White... so the color shows.
Wouldn't you say Blue ?
Crazy Lady... Do I have to have them fix it on my license?

2 comments:

Natalie said...

That's funny! I did the same thing this year! (mine was almost a YEAR over due!) I couldn't believe that I had missed that! I thought it was particularly odd considering all the shopping I did over Christmas and all the times I showed my ID! I even voted with an expired license! Crazy huh!!??

The Smiths said...

Yes I would definitely say blue!!! What were they thinking? You are so funny but at least we know it will NEVER happen again! Love you lots sis, Renee