Sunday, May 3, 2009

Communing with Mother Nature...

It was a beautiful afternoon, so Brent and I decided to take a drive down a country lane and attempt to go Morel Mushroom hunting. Now I am sure this beautiful wooded glade was teaming with them... but I can say we are dismal mushroom hunters... a total bust on our part. We even looked it up online before our departure and looked where they instructed to no avail... What can I say... we are just not cut out for it. But we had a lovely walk while communing with Mother Nature. It truly was glorious... the only downside... ticks, yup those icky little creepy crawly bitey things... yuck, yuck, yuck!!! I must have picked like twenty off of me and you know what... I still feel creepy crawly all over.
Oh... did I mention I almost stepped on a snake also... yup at our second stop. I only yelled a little bit and I'm sure that snake was way more afraid of me becuase it took off oh so fast... good for me... made me just a little more cautious after that.... still went trekking through the tall grass... Here is a picture of the little lovely... a Western Ribbon Snake... non-venomous... scary to me, none the less.
who knew I could be so brave... I really don't like any of those creepy crawly bitey things... nope, not at all.
Ok... this was my favorite stop... Brent wouldn't climb the fence to investigate the burned out remains of this old house... I have been wanting to for like FOREVER... so I climbed that rusty rickety fence all by myself... Brent said that made me a trespasser... but the sign did not say no trespassing... it only said no hunting... and I am guessing they meant the kind of hunting that you do with guns... of which I had none... only my trusty little camera to take these awesome pictures (well at least I think they're awesome). Over all, it was a great way to spend a beautiful afternoon.

0 comments: