Saturday, June 6, 2009

Quick and Easy Project...

So Natalie at the Missouri Star Quilt Company did a tutorial on these earlier in the year. What a great use of some worn out or stained t-shirts. I made this one out of a VolCoM Polo shirt. It got stained in the laundry so it wasn't being worn anymore... now it will be adorning my arm when I'm off to the Aldi's for some grocery items... so Thank you Miss Natalie. This was a very easy fun idea for re-purposing a t-shirt. Next on the agenda is a dress for Miss Ashelyn from a used Polo.
I added a box pleat at the bottom... oh, then I turned one of the sleeves into a pocket. I have the pocket flipped to the outside so that you can see it better.
Here is the final bag.
This is a step by step collage of how I made my next bag. I squared off the bottom and cut a flap off an old box to size and then placed in my completed bag to use as a bottom... nothing fancy, but it works.

Memory... this little white bag reminds me of the bag my Grandma had hanging from her clothesline to hold her clothespins.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow Kim...these are great!

cinnibonbon said...

Perfect- Now I know what to do with all those shirts my daughter is not willing to part with, but no longer fit. Thanks for sharing

Crafty Niche said...

What a neat project! You did a fabulous job!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

very cool project!

gail

Plowgian Page said...

Very cool. This idea is perfect for an activity for our church youth group.

gina said...

What a great reuse for all of the shirts my girls are "over".