Saturday, September 26, 2009

Our Sweet Baby…

100_8342

How could you look in this sweet face and not just fall in love? She is a growing girl, she’s up to 2 1/2 lbs… crazy! Still so tiny. She should top out at 4 to 6 lbs.

Notice the little pretty she’s wearing around her neck. The only color collar we could find was blue… that just wouldn’t do for our little girl… so, I cut a strip of fabric two inches wide by twice the length of the collar, surged the edges, flipped it inside out… the hardest part… seriously… I hate that part. Then fed it over that ugly collar and wa’ la’ presto chango a pretty little girl collar. Cheap, cheap… made with scraps. My sister, Renee, and her daughter-in-laws might recognize this fabric as a left over scrap from the g’baby girls’ dresses. Just goes to show that even a tiny scrap of fabric is good for something.

2 comments:

Cheryl @ a pretty cool life. said...

What a fun collar! I wish our kitties would let me dress them. ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

The Smiths said...

I love the collar! She will match all of my granddaughters now. I can't believe how creative you are. I love all of the luminaries also. What a fun idea. Sure miss you.

Love, Renee