Sunday, October 25, 2009

Before and After…

BEFORE

100_8539 Sad… but useable

AFTER

100_8550 Glam, Glorious, Glitzy and Girly… Hers

100_8551Bold and Beautiful… His

Please don’t mind the towels beneath them… still a little tacky… had to protect my new floor.

100_8554Mine with a temporary topper.

ps… I tried to paint the lamp shade. When you turn it on it looks yucky… pooh!

Oh well I guess a new shade at least is on the horizon.

100_8552   Bj’s with his man stuff.

What I used…

  • White hi-gloss spray paint for the handles… about 20 coats… I’m not even kidding.
  • Klean-Strip Easy Liquid Sander Deglosser… You wipe down the wood with this. I went over the whole thing twice.
  • Interior Water-Based Primer. I gave the entire thing two coats.
  • Dutch Boy Home Interior Premium Latex Wall & Trim Enamel in Semi-Gloss… Swiss Coffee

It took pretty much all day to get both nightstands complete.

I should have sanded in between the primer coats… I’m a bit of a slacker

Yes I am happy with the final outcome.

2 comments:

Maren and Ryan Meldrum said...

i saw this thing on tv where you take your lampshade and just dip the bottom of it into a dish filled with paint and it makes a perfect ring of color on the bottom and changes the whole thing up. One of those take what you already have and revitalize it type shows. It was pretty cool...even if not that helpful in this situation...but anyway...yep.

**Wendy's At It Again** said...

Kim,
I love your makeover. I know I'd love it even more in person. Wish I were there.
Loves Sis,
Wendy