Monday, February 22, 2010

A Living Room Redo…

 

Before…

100_9427 100_9436 100_9434

100_9432 100_9431 100_9438

After…

100_9447

Fabulous!!!

4 new globes and three cans of textured spray paint…in Autumn Brown. Total cost of redo… $38.00! No more shiney brass, dated globes and blaw blades… How cool is that?

100_9454

 Love It!!

I still need to put some pictures on the wall… but I love, love, love the new neutral look… still need to change out the tile on the mantle… but that’s another day. The trim and mantle are painted in a semi-gloss Behr’s “Swiss Coffee” The wall is a satin in Ralph Lauren’s “Greenwich”

Ceiling painted back to a bright white… the coolest paint ever… started out violet and dried to bright white. It was a light green that was supposed to complement the green wall color… it failed big time. I hated it right after we painted it the first time. But… you don’t repaint a ceiling until you’re ready to paint the wall if you live in our home… did I mention all of the wood had to be touched literally 6 times. Whip down with soapy rag… wipe down with deglosser… 2 coats of primer… 2 coats of paint. Notice most of the trim is along the floor… duck walking should be outlawed… after a while you’re kneeling… rug burns hurt… it’s pretty much a painful endeavor no matter how you do it… but I think well worth the effort. Did I mention… I think my hip popped out and my back was SCREAMING the entire time…. but who’s whining? Nope not me… I really do love it and at least I didn’t have to climb the ladder 500 times or look up at the ceiling and have a major crick in my neck. Painting really uses some muscles that should apparently be used more often.

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow Kim that looks awesome! You always do such fun things! I love the new look.